Re: [BRHSlist] Re: "Herewith enclosed please find . . . "

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: "Herewith enclosed please find . . . "
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 12:15:40 EST
I have a little "file" comprised of an exchange of wires and messages
regarding a little problem on the Rock Island, but it could have been on any
RR...I'll get it over here and quote a few examples....

I've said on another "list" and perhaps on here too...the most fun I ever had
in my railroad career was in 1964 when I became a part of the RI Freight
Claims Department and in 1965 was put in charge...talk about archaic
stuff...One guy in the office was past 80 years old and still wore the most
notable symbols of business past The green eyeshade and sleeve
protectors....Spitoons had been banned from the office by the time I arrived,
but this guy brought a 1/2 pint carton of milk to his desk each morning and
then used the "empty" carton for you know what for the rest of the day.

I'll get a few examples on here...Not going to let Andy get ahead of me with
the old stuff.

Pete