Even Application

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Even Application
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 21:17:47 EST
Hows this for examples of even application of discipline?
Remember the discussion of brkmn 'v' who got barred from all passenger and
all frt except for "the mail "for showing up w/o "collar" and for smoking
while on duty?
Well compare that to brkmn 'H' who is called frequently off his regular frt
brkmns job to protect COndrs vacancies on the dinkies. Its 1950 and
brkmn/Condr H comes in off a dinky and decides his uniform is too small so he
arranges to give it to a newer man whos qualifying for passenger. He walks
into the crew callers office and advises"this was my last trip on passenger
for awhile". No further explanation. A couple days later he's called for a
Condrs vacancy on a dinky and advises he will prtoect the job but will not be
in uniform as he no longer owns one.
He shows up in bibs.
A couple days later the same thing and this time trnmstr Benedetto is called
and advises brkmn H to "get down here or I'll have your rights". H advises
he'll be there but not in uniform. Sure enough he wears bibs.
So I read the entire transcript of this investigation and brkmn H comes about
as close to insubordiantion to the Div Supt as I've ever seen. Along with
many matters of rule/seniority/and representation H advises Supt Wesson
he'll get a uniform "when the opportunity arises" The exchanges are very
rough for an investigation and I'm thinking this guy is going to banned to
the Midnight East Yard Eola for his entire carreer if he doesnt get fired.
All he gets is a mark on his record!
Leo
Do you suppose the difference in penalty is demerits or marks on each ones
record?