Re: [BRHSlist] More Questions for Old Monroe LIne and CB&Q adventures

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] More Questions for Old Monroe LIne and CB&Q adventures
From: gary & kathy roe <wabashrr@s...>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 05:06:43 -0600
Jeff asked:
Also, on the Old Monroe line, did highway 54 go over the Q on a bridge, also
same question about 19, I'm getting conflicting stories, my dad says they
crossed at grade!

Jeff,

They may have (and probably did) at one time; but in the era you are thinking
of modeling, both highways crossed over the line on bridges. In the late 60's
and all thru the 70's, I would always look both ways when I crossed over the
Q's tracks at those locations, hoping to see a train. I crossed a LOT of times;
but very rarely ever saw a train.

gary