Eola

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Eola
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 23:59:10 EST
Russ,my brother in law is Controller at JB Industries(the current owner of
the Austin Western site).He told me the property East of McClure had been for
sale for some time. This is the area where they would store excess finished
product many,many years ago and even as a young kid I seldom remember much of
anything being done with this land.I do recall a lead going in there from the
west off one of the Austin Westerns trks.
As to more tracks going under the new Eola road there might be room for one
more if they reconfigured the J and yard leads on the South side of the
mains.Everything between the old Eola road and the new one on the south side
of the mains is now marsh as theres no runoff.Between the new road and the J
main the old pond /swamp has grown considerable again because all natural
runoff was plugged by the new road.
The Dupage forest preserve district now owns this area and it is a nature
preserve(the wildlife has increased).
Leo