Speaking of kitbashing steam (N)........

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Speaking of kitbashing steam (N)........
From: "tmlafrance" <okt@j...>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:35:09 -0000
Charlie (or anyone else),
Have you given any thought to the Minitrix 2-10-0? I gotta think that
thing is good for SOMETHING? I've thought it might be possible to add
the traling truck and boiler/cab from you Mike and make some sort of
Santa FE (M4 right?). Problem is I have no idea what the demensions
are of the minitrix engine, seems kinda small to me. Seems like you'd
need a wheel base as long as the one Greg Scott did and a boiler that
is longer than the Mike. The boiler might be good for kitbashing a GN
steamer.
A Russian dec would seem like the easiest conversion, which is ok for
those who model the roads that had them (like me, Frisco), but not
much use for Q modelers.
Thoughts?
Terry