Re: [BRHSlist] Old Monroe to Francis

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Old Monroe to Francis
From: rmorgan918@a...
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:30:19 EST
- The 1947 Hannibal ETT #88 (28 Sep 47) lists the line as a Main, with two
through (St Louis-KC) passenger trains a day as well as a daily except Sun 2d
class freight that ran St Louis to Mexico. Francis is shown with engine
facilities (turntable, coal, water). Trains 32/33 show an average speed over
the sub of about 60. Overton's "Burlington Route" implies the passenger runs
ended in 1949.
-The 1965 Hannibal ETT #6 (25 Ap4 65) calls it a branch, with only a 2d class
freight that ran 6 days a week. Francis still has an operator for 2 shifts a
day, but there are no facilities shown. (presumbly removed at the end of
steam). The speed limit is listed as 40.
-The 1974 BN ETT Chicago Region #10, lists the Hannibal Division, 10th Sub
(Francis line) as a branch, with not much detail. I shot BN GP7 1607 at
Mexico on 4 Mar, 1978, in what I assume was a layover for the local out of St
Louis.
-The line was abandoned by BN in 1980.

Rick Morgan
Woodbridge VA