RE: [BRHSlist] Vintage books about the "Q"

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Vintage books about the "Q"
From: "Charlie Vlk" <charlie@k...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:03:38 -0600
Speaking about vintage books about the "Q".....
I would like to own a reprint of the original three volume set of Burlington
Route Corporate Histories.
Is there any interest in such a project? It probably would have to be a
low-volume Kinko copying project as I doubt there are thousands of
Burlington Route Historians willing to pay big bucks for a professionally
printed reproduction....
The original corporate histories are fairly dry reading but document most
every line on the Q giving the details of construction, construction
companies, corporate structure, and other details. I say most because it
does not go into detail on some lines that may have been considered at the
time minor sidetracks, and does not detail terminals and yards. Each
chapter covers a line or line segment and includes maps.
The three volumes have several hundred pages, and originals are selling in
the rare book market for several hundred dollars.
There are copies available at several libraries, but they may not be
complete (some copies I have obtained through interlibrary loans were
missing some of the maps).
Comments or thoughts????
Charlie Vlk