FW: [BRHSlist] 9904-9907 Question

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: FW: [BRHSlist] 9904-9907 Question
From: "David E. Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 21:08:05 -0600
From: PSHedgpeth@a... [mailto:PSHedgpeth@a...]
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 12:03 PM
To: dave_lotz@m...
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 9904-9907 Question

Dave and list

Again.....There is no question that there was a red oscillating light on the
rear end of the train. This light would come on automatically when there
was an emergency air brake application..It could also be manually operated
by the flagman when required.

I think that the discussion here relates to all of the shovel nose power
units, which, I believe originally did not have a Mars light, either red or
white. Later the Mars lights were installed and if my understanding of this
discussion is right we are attempting to determine whether the red light was
part of the oscillating portion of the light or the stationary part.

There is no question that on the E units the Mars light (oscillating
portion) also contained the red portion which would operate just the same as
the rear end light...either manually or when there was an emergency brake
application.

Wes??????

Pete