(Fwd) 1892 Burlington Railroad Map

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: (Fwd) 1892 Burlington Railroad Map
From: "Eric Jacobsen" <jacobsen@m...>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:23:52 -0600
Here's a message someone sent me that I thought someone on
the list might be interested in.

Thanks,
Eric

From: "Erika L. Smith" <els12@t...>
Send reply to: els12@t...
To: cbq@t...
Subject: 1892 Burlington Railroad Map

While remodeling our home, we found an 1892 Rand McNally Burlington
Railroad map measuring 3'10" wide and 33" high. In addition to being a
map of the Burlington line, it is also a county map of the US, includes
a list of destinations available, and 3 small sketches of the interior
of passenger, sleeping, and dining cars.

It is in very good condition with the only flaws being the
disintegration of the fabric ties and side bindings and a few small
insect holes in the top right corner. Each of the top and bottom are
"bound" with black, wooden dowels.

As we are not railroad collectors, we are looking for an interested
buyer for this map or where to look for more information. Digital
photographs are available.

Any questions or information can be e-mailed directly to
els12@t...

Thank you for your time.

--
Erika L. Smith