Livestock at Galesburg

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Livestock at Galesburg
From: Steven Holding <hold-on@s...>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 23:55:00 -0500
List

While I know how livestock was setout and unloaded at Montgomery(my first
railroad job was in the stockyards there) How was the setout done at Galesburg?
Did the eastbound train stop at Graham cut off the stock and run up the
Passenger Main to the stock yard or did a swtich engine take it off in the yard
and run it over after the train stopped in the yard.
While you are at it how was the Freight House worked in Galesburg?
sjh