Quincy locals

To: BRHSlist <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Quincy locals
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@a...>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 20:47:58 -0500
I have a couple of questions about shippers/receivers on some of the
locals out of West Quincy.

>From the operating data sheets, the West Quincy - Hulls turn ran six
days a week and spent two scheduled hours in Hulls. I expect this mean
is that the main purpose for the local was the work at Hulls. What was
it?

The Quincy - Kirksville turn ran 5 days a week. What were the major
shippers/receivers on this line? I have the book on the Q O & KC, but
the only thing it discusses post 1900 about this line is it's
abandonment in 1982.

The Quincy - Colusa turn also ran 5 days a week. It did not run on
Wednesday going on Saturday instead. Was there a shipper that needed
Saturday service on the line?

Bill