Re: [BRHSlist] Passenger F7s

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Passenger F7s
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 14:23:11 EDT
In a message dated 8/7/01 10:33:18 AM Central Daylight Time,
steve_wintner@y... writes:

<< Dumb question here. I know the Burlington purchased
F7s for use on the California Zephyr, painted in the
standard silver. And most photos I have seen of other
Q passenger trains had E's on point. >>

Steve,

The passenger F's were not F7's they were Chicken Wire F3's. #9960 ABC, #9961
ABC, and #9962 ABC. They were painted in the standard passenger paint with
black nose strips. They were not and were never refitted with stainless steel
side panels nor did they have dynamic brakes. After being dropped from
passenger scheduals they were used in freight service and for awhile still in
the passenger paint. When they were repainted in gray they still kept their
9900 numbers. Also they were never refitted with dynamic brakes. They also
had Passenger Pilots and the roof grab irons as the E's were equiped.

Hope this helps
Loren Johnson