Re: [BRHSlist] 1999 Aurora Meet

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 1999 Aurora Meet
From: Steven Holding <hold-on@s...>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 22:18:51 -0500
From: twhitt <twhitt@p...>
To: BRHS List <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: Perry Bilotta <pbilotta@m...>; Jim Davidson
<westsubrr@e...>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 9:02 PM
Subject: [BRHSlist] 1999 Aurora Meet

> Help!!!
>
> One of the highlights of the 1999 Aurora Annual Meeting was a trip to
Chicago on the 'Mark Twain Zephyr'. Although not the real MTZ, but the
version put together by BNSF and Metra for our use. This trainset was due
to the efforts of a local conductor who works the Metra line to Chicago,
John Smith. John is also good friends with the individuals who own the
actual trainset, and allowed him the use of the MTZ casting from the
original trainset.

> During the meet, he requested some photographs of the Metra trainset from
our members. To date, he has not received any photographs. While riding
with him to Chicago last week, he was very disappointed that no photos were
offered, especially after he saw the tens of people taking pictures.

> I would request that if you or another member that you know has any
pictures of the trainset, to please contact me off list to arrange getting
copies of some of the photographs. Remember, that the bilevel cars used had
to be cut out of other trainsets and returned after our trip, the signs on
the cars and the locomotive were made by John Smith and his crew, and
finally that the crew volunteered to spend an evening with us to Chicago.