Of Dynamometer & Rail Cars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Of Dynamometer & Rail Cars
From: Paul/Celine Kossart <kozys@t...>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 16:25:36 -0500

Hi all,

I recently picked up the Walther's (HO) Burlington dynamometer car in Chinese Red. Looks kinda like some funky type drovers caboose to me. I may also be acquiring the Sperry rail geometry car, also in Burlington paint.

My question is how were these placed in trains while in service? What type of power and supporting cars, crew accommodations, etc. were in the train with them. If I actually run these on the layout someday would like to do so as realistically and true to CB&Q SOP as possible. The time frame for the layout is the 1960's, specifically fall of 1969.

Anyone who can help me out with this info?

Much appreciation in advance for any and all answers/comments.

Paul Kossart - The CB&Q Guy

Model Railroading Making You Grumpy? Need To Vent?
Now There's a Safety Valve.
Dump the Fire at: