Re: [BRHSlist] Pioneer Zephyr History

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Pioneer Zephyr History
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 09:17:22 EDT
Ed and listers

I guess that I didn't make clear what it was that I had listened to on the
tapes.

It is exactly what you have stated. It is the Chicago Ceremony. The
announcer mentioned that the 9900 was held at 16th St. for some period of
time so that the arrival was exactly at 7:00pm per the advertised. The
speeches were made by the Budds (Ralph and Edward 'G.). There was an
acceptance speech by the City of Chicago Controller in the absence of Mayor
Kelly. There was also a speech by the man, who's name escapes me at the
moment who was in charge of the Century of Progress Exposition which had just
opened at Chicago.

When I get a chance to re listen to the tape which is 4 hours I'll get the
ordering information and post it to the list. Any good Q fan will want to
get it.

Pete