Re: [BRHSlist] Lines west (and south)

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Lines west (and south)
From: "M. Thayer" <zephyr@k...>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 17:21:50 -0600
From: "Ed & Betty Padgett" <epadgett@p...>
To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2001 11:02 AM

> Dick,
>
> You are correct, the West ends in Nevada and then it was the West Coast.
> When I lived in the Panhandle, anything East of North Platte was
considered
> the Midwest (to the Mississippi River). On the Q Revenna was considered
the
> boundary.
>
> People back here in Wisc. seem to think that they live in the Midwest, I
> don't understand that.

People in *Ohio* think they live in the Midwest . . .

And don't forget - historically, Michigan and Wisconsin were called the
"Northwest Territories"! (and in movies, Texas is thought of as "Western" -
even though it's about equidistant from the coasts) We have some very
flexible terminology here!

Marshall