CB&Q Bureau County, IL Depot Photos

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: CB&Q Bureau County, IL Depot Photos
From: Joe Bartoli <bartoli@r...>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 21:05:17 -0500

Don't know if anyone has posted this to the list before, but UnionBank in Princeton, IL is giving away a 2001 calendar that features the depots of Bureau County, IL. Not all the photos are CB&Q, but the majority of them are, since the CB&Q had something like a 100 miles of track in Bureau County at one time, crossing it three times in a large "X". Here's a list of whats pictured in the calendar:

CB&Q depots: Arlington, Buda, LaMoille, Malden, Neponset, Ohio, Princeton, Tampico (not in Bureau County, but close), Kasbeer, Van Orin, Walnut, Wyanet, and Zearing

Other RR depots that might be of interest:
CN&W depots: Manlius and Normandy
Rock Island: Bureau, Depue, Spring Valley, Sheffield, Tiskilwa

The only missing one(s) that I can think of are Cherry (MILW), Ladd (MILW), Ladd (CB&Q) and Seatonville (MILW) (if it had one) (I find it odd that Ladd is missing, as it is one of the more obvious old depots left in Bureau County)

The pictures aren't the greatest, but the quality is still good (and the price is excellent). The bank's website is at www.ubcd.com. I emailed them requesting one and received it several days later.

BTW, anyone out there know where the depot in Arlington was located? My guess would be on the south side of the tracks near St. Patrick's Church due to the tracks being level with the surrounding land at that point (or maybe by the old upholestry shop?).

Joe Bartoli
Columbus, IN
Hometown: Arlington, IL