Re: [BRHSlist] Propane Tank

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Propane Tank
From: hold-on@s...
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 22:16:52 -0800
Rich
When we lived on the farm we used LP gas. It is a liquid and was pumped from the
little Truck to the storage tank in our drive. The truck used a Power Take Off
driven pump and as long as the gas is under pressure it stays a gas when the
pressure is off in the regulator it turns back into a gas. The hose is very
strong and hard to move with a screw nozzle on to the tank. When the nozzle is
unfasten from the tank the gas boils out as frost. Also seen as a moisture line
on the tank in the morning. LP is heavier then air and stays under the snow and
will blow the top right off a switch machine if the top of the machine is not
kept clean as well as the points.
LP would have been used for some cook stoves and the Waukasha motors on
passenger
cars and was held in cylinders under the cars so I am sure the coach yard had an
area where the cylinders were filled. All that was needed was a pump to pump the
LIQUID from the rail car to a storage tank and then into the cylinders.
sjh

--
Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/