Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q Gold Cars

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q Gold Cars
From: "Herbert J McCurdy" <zephyr@a...>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 12:28:53 -0600
>From Bulletin #7 XM-32 Steel Boxcars, page 18

On the night of Nov. 17, 1966, at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York
City, Burlington received the Railway Progress Institute's annual Gold
Freight Car award for the most effective promotion of railroad freight
traffic in America. To commemorate the award, Havelock, which was in the
midst of an XM-32 overhaul program, painted one December day's production -
eight boxcars - solid gold with black lettering, including "R.I.P. Award
Winner - 1966" below the full color herald. Photos of four of the cars
appear in Bulletin # 7, #'s 17302, 17786, 60682 and 61417. According to the
Bulletin the other four #'s were unknown at that time and was soliciting
photos or at least the car #'s of the other four. Maybe someone can help,
if the request still stands?

Herb