Cab Signals

To: BRHSlist <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Cab Signals
From: Ed Pavlovic <epav1@w...>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 23:49:01 -0600
With some of the recent discussion on cab signals I was
wondering about something. We know that the passenger
trains over the C&I between Aurora and Savanna used cab
signals, which allowed them the higher speed limits above
the 79 mph allowed with CTC system used on the C&I. Were
freight trains operating over this line, or the East End,
required to have operating cab signals? Just asking because
most "other" roads that have a form of Cab Signals,
Automatic Train Control, or Automatic Train Stop usually
require those devices to be cut in and operating over such
territory. Thought someone on the list might just have the
answer.

Thanks in advance,

Ed Pavlovic