RE: [BRHSlist] Locate relative of CBQ

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Locate relative of CBQ
From: "David Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:42:06 -0600
Greetings Sheryl,

Unfortunately, at this time, the BRHS is not aware of any employment records
that have been preserved for the CB&Q. The CB&Q did archive its corporate
records at the Newberry Library in Chicago, but most, if not all the
employment records were destroyed after the Burlington Northern merger. We
get many requests from genealogists, and have to disappoint all of them
equally.

We can, however, offer these excellent links to help you with genealogical
research:

Mormon Links
http://www.mormonlinks.com/page.php?title=Family+History&cat=famh

Surname Search
http://www.surnameweb.org/

If you would like more information on the Burlington Railroad, I suggest
browsing through our web site at www.BurlingtonRoute.com and taking a look
at our Periodical Index and the Bibliography we've prepared. Many of these
books can be obtained at you local library through inter-library loans.
Also take a look at what Burlington Bulletins are available in our Company
Store. They are the most comprehensive source of information on their
particular subjects.

Hope this helps,

David Lotz
VP Archives, BRHS