Wooden W/c's Paint Schemes

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: Wooden W/c's Paint Schemes
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 08:57:34 EST
I'll say up front that the following is from memory w/o reference to photos
so I may be slightly off the mark but do believe I'm correct based on first
hand experience.
The Q's wooden w/c's were painted grey or a dark beige on the interior when
in Q colors. Also I recall the floors being a dark,dark red or Maroon.
The BN standard for the interior was what I call a yellowish(lime) green for
the walls and ceiling and brown on the floor. I recall being in repainted ex
GN and NP cabooses that were painted to the BN standard. Can't recall for
sure a Q wooden one (do know for sure the former Q Havelock w/cs received the
BN standard).
Leo
P.S.-We used to get freshly repaint W/C's out of Cicero westbound on a
somewhat regular basis.