Wheel car

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: Wheel car
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 21:04:33 EDT
John, As they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Go to the C.B.&Q.
Color Guide by Mike Spoor on page 119 and there she is. The wheel car was a
converted (one end open and rails spiked to the floor) so it could carry
wheel sets between Aurora and the wheel bay at 14th st. I can't remember if
the wheels were from coaches or engines. I know the wheel bay at 14 th st
changed wheels on coaches but I think Aurora Rdhse did the engines.Not sure
who was doing the turning (lathe work) on the wheels themselves (Aurora or
14th st). Leo
Bob,Karl,Steve-Any help here?