Mail & express

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: Mail & express
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 21:56:28 EDT
Russ Repetto used to tell stories (lots of them) but these were about picking
up a "jeep" full of Pepperidge Farm bread off the backtrack at Downers on the
last east bound dinkie.Does anybody have info on where the bread was headed?
Ed Metz used to also tell lots of stories. One of his was about setting out a
car of storage mail on the stub trk at Berwyn each morning on the first west
bound dinkie.
How much mail could Berwyn get?
And of course we all know about the infamous "wheel car" that operated on the
last dinkie hauling wheels from Aurora to the wheel bay at 14th st. The crew
received wayfreight pay instead of passenger rate for dragging that car
around.
I was wondering if anyone knows which trains hauled the REA cars from Chgo to
the Aurora REA building?
What job hauled the "jeeps" from Kable Bros that the Oregon Turn brought to
Aurora?
Leo