Things broken or, maybe, breaking.

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Things broken or, maybe, breaking.
From: "Karl L Rethwisch" <karlre@r...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:07:16 -0600
Bob and all,

Quickly, remember the #24 TO at End of Double Track at Flag?

The arrival of "Rosies" engine at Aurora RH is still crystal clear in my
memory. Oh, if ONLY somebody couldda afforded a few feet of piping through the
noses of the E's to run straight air out the front I wouldda got a good quit
that Sun. evening.

As I recall Rosy was a "bit" late into Aurora that night. When he finally got
what was left of his consist to the house I was amazed by the stench of the
"thermally challenged" brake heads and wheels. I also remember the musical
sounds produced as the wheels "thermal cracked" as I watched.

Also I remember the joy this incident brought to Mr. Julius Wozeck, the RH
Foreman at Aurora. All I did was ask what the hell I was supposed to do with
that junk out by the table and, upon inspecting the devastation, he went
totally bonkers. Go figure.

Max "Toot-Toot" Wissel sorta had the "touch" with dynamics as I recall.

Karl