Re: [BRHSlist] newspapers on the Dinkies

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] newspapers on the Dinkies
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:51:55 EDT
In a message dated 7/13/00 8:21:14 PM Central Daylight Time, qutlx1@a...
writes:

<< Thanks for the info but one small correction is warranted. That absolutely
wasn't the Conductor throwing off those newspaper bundles. The Con would not
humble himself to perform baggagemen/brakeman manual labor. Take it from
from
someone who knows from years of experience. Leo >>

Leo that is so right! Many years ago I worked for the Aurora News Agency and
they remembered going over to the Aurora Station on Broadway to pick up the
Chicago Papers in the early morning. Of course when I worked for them the
papers were trucked out.

I am not sure when the Trib started trucking the papers out..... but I would
think sometime in the late 60's that was what I got from the "oldtimers" at
ANA.

Loren Johnson