Re: [BRHSlist] Milwaukee 261at Oregon, IL

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Milwaukee 261at Oregon, IL
From: vlbg <vlbg@s...>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 18:26:40 -0500
BNJohn@a... wrote:

> In a message dated 5/25/00 8:05:44 AM Central Daylight Time, vlbg@s...
> writes:
>
> > If it makes any difference there is some internal resistance to painting
> BNSF
> > locomotives as a waste of resources and an unnecessary removal of a unit
> > from
> > service.
> >
> > Russ
>
> Russ,
> At the time we talk to the BNSF I was told that they were going to repaint
> 300 loco's that year, so the loco's would have been out of service anyway.
> Also I had my friend at DuPont talked in to giving the BRHS the paint to give
> to the BNSF. It would have cost them nothing but there time.
>
> John Lee
> St.Louis,MO

John:

For what it's worth the time would still have be paid for. BNSF has
never painted a locomotive. It is all contracted out since they do
not have a an approved paint shop. Both BN and ATSF quit painting
locomotives in the late 80's as environmental regulations became stricter.

Whatever the case, it didn't happen. This is not just a CB&Q thing, my
suggestion that, considering it's planned route, GN 400 be used as the
pilot engine for this years Employee Appreciation train was proposed
but was rejected.

That's life in the big city.

Russ