Re: [BRHSlist] Block Signals

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Block Signals
From: John Knopp <jdknopp@g...>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 16:56:35 -0400
At 03:27 PM 4/24/2000 -0500, you wrote:

My impression, riding the domes of the Denver Zephyr, was that the Q, west of
Aurora, used the searchlight signals for sidings and passing tracks and the
three-stacked signal, green on top, for block control. This appeared to be
true all the way to Denver. I do not remember ever seeing a three-stacked
light on a signal bridge; it was always the searchlight signals. So the
three-stacked lights may have been in the single-tracked areas.

One of the recent issues of Trains Magazine has a photo of a search light signal at MP 184 on the "ex-CB&Q main line" with a comment that the signal would soon be replaced by the three-light model.

My memories of riding between Burlington and Chicago are of mostly search light signals but that was a *few* years ago....

-J

John Knopp
jdknopp@g...